Monday, November 11, 2013

Wise Woman Medicine: Part 1

I've found a lot of joy in experimenting with essential oils this year and one of my most beloved  practices is creating sumptuous blends. Each time I sit down to do this work I feel a strong connection to the medicine women of the past; to the ancient traditions that were guided by the wisdom of the earth. I know that sounds SUPER crunchy granola hippy dippy but that is the nature of this work. Using these oils has become a spiritual experience and setting the intention to create a blend for a special woman or a scared purpose is a great privilege.

Today's blend is inspired by my work as a birth doula. I rely on essential oils when I attend births but I had never made my own blend. I wanted to create a mix that would promote: a peaceful mind, inner strength, emotional release, and balance. Each oil was selected for its healing properties and for its beautiful scent. I cannot wait to try it out on some birthing mamas!

Peaceful Mama Blend:



Bergamot is known for its beautiful scent and for its
calming properties. It promotes energy and mental clarity, while decreasing stress and anxiety.
Frankincense it one the most prized essential oils. It has sedative properties and is grounding/balancing. It promotes cellular health and healing.

 
Ylang Ylang stimulates relaxation, eases tension, and combats exhaustion.

 
Lavender is perhaps the most widely known essential oil, and for good reason. It is a potent antidepressant, promotes relaxation, and relieves pain.


www.everythingessential.me, Modern Essentials 5th Ed.


If you are interested in creating your own unique blend or learning more about natural healing with essential oils please contact me at brittanyestradaanderson@gmail.com or visit www.mydoterra.com/brittanyanderson11

No comments:

Post a Comment