Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'm back!

Greetings friends! After a long hiatus from the blogasphere I am back and could not be more excited. I've been working to transition my blog and social media to one easy-to-find location, and so here it is! The multiple facets of Brittany Estrada Anderson have converged! So much has happened this year and I have much to be thankful for. My goal of practicing integrative medicine is really taking shape and I've found further motivation from some incredible new friends. I wanted to devote this first post to some of the local women who inspire me each and every day.

Jennifer Derryberry-Mann:  My introduction to Jenni was quite serendipitous. We have a mutual acquaintance, and when I heard Jenni was moving to Nashville, I jumped at the chance to meet her.  You know when you meet someone and you instantly feel a connection? That is precisely how I felt when I first met Jenni.  She exudes wisdom and powerful feminine energy, and she shares my passion for birth. She is a prenatal yoga teacher, blogger, writer, and facilitator of women's circles. She is rapidly becoming a prominent figure in the Nashville birth community, and what a gift she is! Her support and encouragement have been invaluable this year.

Aubrey Vick: I completely credit Aubs with changing my life because it was her invitation that prompted me to attend my first CrossFit class. Today,  I absolutely cannot imagine my life without it! Aubs and I met last year when we were both employed at Lululemon. We instantly hit it off, and even though she has since moved away, I'm happy to say that we still keep in touch. Aubrey is wise beyond her years, a voice of reason and calm when I'm all up in my own head. Our latest venture is the FB page CrossFit Girl Problems. I'm so excited to watch it explode! 

Dani Williamson: I idolize Dani in so many ways, she is an absolute fireball! She is an integrative medicine practitioner and was kind enough to take me under her wing as a new graduate. In the short time that I've known her, she has taught me more than I learned during my entire graduate education. She is the epitome of the provider I strive to be. Dani is beloved by patients and she devotes so much of herself to her work. Her commitment encourages me to continue to pursue my goals as a WHNP.

Mary Crimmins: I met Mary by chance after I happened upon her website. I was looking for natural ways to combat my husband's allergies and asthma and a quick Google search led me right to Mary. We met about 4 months ago and she introduced me to doTERRA essential oils. Each day since has been a blessing and I am now a part of her team.  I feel so blessed to be learning from and working with someone who shares my passion for helping people become active participants in their health. 

Emily Smith: Emily and I met late last year when I was hired for my first job as an NP. She and I worked together to develop a natural health program that offered patients an alternative to traditional medical interventions. She has an incredible passion for holistic medicine and is working to build her business as a holistic practitioner. I am so looking forward to watching her vision come to fruition, and I hope she'll bring me along for the ride!

Jackie Neach: Jackie and I met only recently and I feel so grateful that she has come into my life. We both attended integrative health coach training at Duke and we share the vision of opening integrative practices of our own. Jackie also shares my passion of nutrition and fitness and I am so excited to partner with her to help people achieve optimal health and wellness.

While these women are a few of the standouts, there are so many amazing women I have yet to mention. I feel incredibly lucky to have consciously surrounded myself with loving, supportive friends. Where as I always felt a sense of competition and even animosity amongst women, particularly in the professional arena, I now feel a wealth of support from this beautiful community with which I have been blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Love you girlie! I consider it an honor to be listed as one who has inspired you! I feel the same! You have a heart and passion for what we do....and that is the best foundation one can have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany!! You inspire me!! Your passion and thirst for knowledge makes me wish I had more time in the day! I am excited to read your blog and learn more about the integration of Western and Eastern medicine and philosophies ~thanks so much for including me in such awesome company! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany, you shine a bright light, and bring so much energy and conviction to your passions. I am honored and thankful to be included on your love list! You are a compassionate medicine woman, indeed, and it's a privilege to watch you work, blending the old ways and the new, for the good of all women. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete